09 July 2010

Only In Colorado

Well kids, it's been an exciting few weeks in Colorful Colorado.  And we're not done yet!  After a series of setbacks, I'm back to writing.  Ok, so the "setbacks" were mostly just me having too much fun to sit in front of a computer for more than a few minutes a day.  Which is a good thing, right?  Right?  Bueller?

I did want to point out a few awesome things I've seen so far in my travels around CO.  I'm sure I'll discover more this weekend as I head off for another hiking extravaganza, but these few images were basically just too good not to share.  Plus, posting photos with semi-witty comments is way easier than actually thinking about, and then writing, you know, blog entries and junk.

So without further ado, I present my current three favorite photos from my time here (so far).  Not that you needed physical proof of anything bizarre that I ever talk about (after all, my word is law), but I think it's pretty hard to argue with photographic evidence.

First: I think this convincingly shows that Boulder is the most liberal city on the planet (San Francisco, prepare for your cage match!  I've got front-row seats and a poncho).

Please note the dinosaur devouring the Jesus fish (my personal fave).


Second: proof that sometimes Boulder is just... effing weird.

So much is confusing about this sign.  What is feng shui compliant?  The sign itself?  The circle of rocks surrounding said sign?  Are patrons of this fine establishment expected to arrange their stored items in a specific north-south alignment?  Full of consternation am I.


Finally: ladies and gentlemen of the jury, this proves beyond a reasonable doubt that Colorado is AWESOME.  Therefore, you must convict it of being AWESOME.


My work here is done.  Good night.

1 comment: